Start 2017 by adding vegetables at every meal. The more vegetables the better. Vegetables are rich in nutrients, multivitamins, and minerals. According to USDA (2016), vegetables provide the following health benefits:
- Reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Protect against certain types of cancers.
- Fiber rich foods may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Foods rich in potassium may lower blood pressure and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- May be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.